BUY / MAKE YOUR OWN
A smaller hand held mobile version of the TYPuzzle system has been developed. Seven prototypes have been made, two of which can be purchased here.
TYPuzzle Toy Prototype (Studio Editions gdi03)
£150.00 (including postage and packaging)
Alternativley, anyone with access to Lasercutting facilities can make their own using the following files and intructions.
Open source files
You will need to download the following Adobe Illustrator CS6 .ai files for lasercutting:
You will need:
- A lasercutter
- 1 sheet of 2mm white perpex, A3 in size
- 1 sheet of 2mm balck perpex, A4 in size
- A steady hand
- Approximately 3 hours
Step 1. Cutting the perspex
The TYPuzzle was made using an Epilog Legend 36EXT (other manufacturers are avaialble)
- Download the Illustrators files.
- Place the files into Corel Draw or similar Lasercutting software.
- Use the following settings to cut the perspex, following the recommended workflow of your lasercutter and software.
You should be left with the following kit of component parts. There will be some spares left over.
Step 2. Making the tiles
Use the following instructions and short video to put together 13 white tiles and 11 black tiles.
Step 3. Housing the tiles
Use the following instructions and short video to house the 24 tiles along with the background, borders and front.